Software Engineer is required for a European leading computer software company based in
Amsterdam. My client is one of the world’s leading providers of telematics solutions for fleet
management, vehicle telematics and connected car services. Their software engineers design for
quality and reuse, componentization, resilience, and multithreading, and at the same time you
should be hands-on and able to dive deep into any kind of problem that comes your way.
• Create solution designs and deliver complete sets of functionalities from back-end to front-
end; the key technical focus of the role will be more on the back end but depending on
project requirements you also step into other technical areas.
• Work in a technically complex and sensitive environment, which will require you to build
relevant functional knowledge about the products, technical knowledge about the
platform’s stack and architecture.
• Keep a keen eye on application performance, operability, robustness, monitoring and failure
resilience, data privacy and the security of individual services and the whole system.
• Agree on the technical implementation with involved component owners and estimate its
• Implement, test, and demonstrate new product features in an agile process
• Develop complete sets of functionalities including the back end and user interface
• A degree in computer science, a related field, or equivalent experience.
• API development, both Pull and Push, facing external customers.
• 3+ years of experience with Java version 11 or the latest version 17.
• Experience working with Python
• Great communication skills, holistic and systemic thinking, goal-orientation, quality-focus,
versatile problem-solving skills, an open mind as well as at least 2 years of experience in
commercial software development.
What can you expect:
The chance to work in a fast moving, innovative and international team, dealing with different
countries and cultures.
Decisive actions. They don’t like to wait. It’s in their DNA to move forward. So, it only makes sense
that they don’t jam the company with lots of layers. They make things happen. Quickly
This is and exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to join a European leading computer
software company based in The Netherlands. Please apply with your CV if interested.